All best practices that you have followed for Siebel HI, are applicable for Open UI also. Additionally there are few best practices for Siebel Open UI application.
Siebel Open UI Best Practices:
1. Add Presentation Model (PM) or Physical Render (PR) when there is no other way of customization to meet the requirement. You first try to meet the requirement by configuring Siebel tools or modifying Siebel web template file.
3. Like ‘AddProperty’, use ‘AddMethod’ only to create methods in Presentation Model (Read more about Presentation Model Methods).
4. Use ‘BindEvents’ to bind the PM methods with appropriate PR events and ‘BindData’ to access properties from PM (Read more about Physical Renderer Methods).
5. Typically a Presentation Model is followed by a corresponding Physical Renderer. You write business logic in PM file and rendering logic of Siebel objects in PR file.
6. It is strongly recommended that do not use PR to add any presentation attributes like position, color, font to the Document Object Model (DOM). All presentation related attributes must be declared in CSS file only. You could read our article on Siebel Open UI theme to know more about CSS.
8. Remove debugger and SiebelJS.log() from the script before moving custom files into production.
10. Try to avoid alert() to print variable values. If you forget to delete it from JS file before deployment, it will show alert message to end users.
11. Test your customization with all browser and device combinations before moving it to production.
This ends our all 10 modules on Siebel Open UI Training. We hope it has helped you to get a fair understanding of Siebel Open UI application.
To know about Siebel Open UI interview question, read our article: Siebel Open UI Interview Questions
If you have any question about Siebel Open UI best practices, please feel free to comment below.