‘Your version of the Siebel High Interactivity Framework for IE, required for use of this Siebel application, may not be current’ – this is one of the most common errors during Siebel application launch on Internet Explorer browser but good thing is that we can fix this error quite easily.
Steps to fix Siebel High Interactivity Framework for IE issue:
- Navigate to browser settings > Internet Options and click on Security tab
- Under the Security tab, click on ‘Trusted Sites‘ and add Siebel URL to the trusted zone
Example: If the Siebel application URL looks like ‘http://localhost:8080/sales_enu’, then you just add ‘http://localhost:8080’ in the trusted site zone. Also you make sure that the checkbox for ‘Require server verification (https:) for all site in this zone’ is unchecked.
- On the Security screen only, click on ‘Custom Level‘ button and verify properties like ActiveX control are enabled.
Now save all browser settings, close the browser and relaunch Siebel application. This should fix Siebel High Interactivity Framework issue.
Do you still see the same error?
Well! then you need to perform few more extra steps to launch Siebel application successfully. Sometimes the ActiveX file of Siebel high interactivity framework becomes corrupted or damaged. So you need to delete the damaged ActiveX file and download a fresh copy of ‘Siebel High Interactivity Framework’.
Extra steps to fix Siebel High Interactivity Framework for IE issue:
- Navigate to browser settings > Internet Options > General and then click on ‘Settings‘ button available under ‘Browsing history’ section
- On the ‘Website Data Settings’ pop up window, click on ‘View objects’ button under ‘Temporary Internet Files’ tab. It will display all downloaded program files with statuses. If you see only one file ‘Siebel High Interactivity Framework’ with ‘Damaged’ status, then just delete the file. But if there is more than one copy of ‘Siebel High Interactivity Framework’ file, then you right click on each file and change the status to ‘Damaged’ and delete.
Remember, you can only change the status of the file if you have admin rights, otherwise ask your system administrator to do it.
Then close the browser, open Siebel application and you will get a pop up asking to download a fresh copy of ActiveX file.
Still no luck!! Same message appears again and again! Please feel free to comment here and we will try to help you further.
Keep in touch, follow TechOneStop on Facebook / Twitter / LinkedIn / Goolge+.