Is it difficult to configure!! To meet such requirement, we have to modify HTML script which is responsible to build user interface. In any CRM, except Siebel or Open UI, first we have to find out the HTML/CSS file which is responsible to display message on Home page, then change HTML script, test it. If anything is not in proper place, then again modify the template and test it.
Lot of work, isn’t!! Now see, how easily we can meet such requirement in Siebel or Open UI.
In Siebel, customized home page is derived from Microsite. Siebel provides specialized business component ‘ERM Microsite Section Body VBC’ to display data from Microsite. Throughout this article, we will use Partner Portal Home page to describe configuration steps. So our applet name is ‘ePortal Cat Splash Applet’ which is based upon ‘ERM Microsite Section Body VBC’ business component and view is ‘Home Page View (SCW)’.
This is two step configuration. First configure Microsite VBC in Siebel Tools and then Administration-Microsite in Siebel Client.
– Select the business component ‘ERM Microsite Section Body VBC’ in Siebel tools and expand
BusComp User Properties in OBLE
– Check user property ‘MicrositeSection’ is already present or not. If not, then create an user property with name ‘MicrositeSection’ and Value ‘Body’
– Compile all changes
– Go to Administration-Content Center > Content Sets and add new content. If you have the content file ready, then upload it by clicking on ‘Add Content’ button otherwise create new content.
– Here we will create a new content ‘eChannel Home Screen Content’, so click on New button and
give the content name and title.
– Below in ‘Asset’ tab, click on New to upload asset which will be displayed on home page
– If you don’t have any file to upload for home page, then just build one blank file with .DOC or
.HTML extension. We will modify it once the file is uploaded.
– Give the asset Name, title and browse the file on popup applet. File format could be anything
(example .JPG, .DOCX, .HTML), then click on ‘OK’ button to upload. There are few advanced
properties as well, like Language Code, Private, Data Length. We could leave these as it is.
– To modify the file, click on ‘Check Out’ button if it is not grayed out already and then ‘Edit HTML’. Don’t worry! no need to write any HTML script here. It will open one popup applet just like word document. We could build our custom template within few minutes. Once template is ready, save it
and do check in.
– Go to Administration – Microsite > Page Administration, create a new page and click on Publish
For partner portal home page, we have used below specification.
Page Title: eChannel Home Screen
View : Home Page View (SCW)
Content Set : eChannel Home Screen content
Siebel has so many built in functionalities, it is hard to find in any other CRM (On Premise/Cloud). Have you seen customized home page in Siebel, mainly in Partner Portal application? Here is the screenshot what we have customized for Siebel Partner Portal Home Page.
– Now navigate to Portal Screen Administration to check the Screen is already listed or not. In our
example, screen name is ‘eChannel Home Screen’ which contains the view ‘Home Page View
– If not present, create a new portal screen. This portal screen name must be same as the screen
name used in Siebel tools.
That’s all, Open the eChannel application and verify siebel partner portal home page. See how we can build our custom home page without any HTML script! Siebel is fun, Isn’t it!!
If you have any doubt or question, feel free to comment here. To get more updates on recent activities, follow ‘TechOneStop‘ on Facebook/Twitter/LinkedIn or join our website as followers.