File could not be created as the directory specified for the file creation is not valid (SBL-EAI-50228)
There are several reasons behind this Siebel Open UI error. Few common scenarios where you may face this error message:
– When Siebel workflow is trying to create or access file outside Siebel file system
– When EIM / Batch Jobs is trying to update or access files
– When you try to download or save file from Siebel tools (for example ‘Generate WSDL’ button that generates WSDL file from Siebel tools)
In Siebel Open UI, Oracle has set restriction on downloading files from Siebel application. Now we can not download file on any folder as per our choice. Siebel can access only those folders if their folder paths are set as parameter value of ‘EAI File Transport Folder List’. To check the parameter value, go to Admin-Server configuration > Components and query for the parameter ‘EAI File Transport Folder List’.
Perform below steps to fix this issue
1) Find out the folder location which one is referred by workflow or Job (For example: D:Log of the system ‘TESTENV’)
2) Locate the folder and share it with everyone or specific ids
3) Go to Administration-Server configuration > Components, query for the parameter ‘EAI File Transport Folder List’ and add the folder path under the column ‘Value on Restart’ (For example: \TESTENVLog).
You can add more than one folder location using ‘;’ between two.
4) Restart the component and check new value is displayed under ‘Value’ column or not
Now you try to access the folder path from Siebel, you should not see this message again.
If you face any challenges, please let us know. For more updates on recent activities, follow ‘TechOneStop‘ on Facebook/Twitter/LinkedIn or Join our website as Follower.
Error: SBL-EAI-04262 >>